Wednesday, November 25, 2009



My Angel on Earth…

By Nimmy Kumar

You know better than anyone that I can’t express my feelings for you,

With a poem having lines of merely forty two.

My feelings for you run deep down

You’ve seen me through every smile and frown (I’m afraid there are more frowns)

And you’ve loved me through it all

Your prayers have guided me through every step and fall

You held my hand and guided me,

Through what seemed to me like a turbulent and mighty sea.

Then you take a step back

While I faced life-its victories, failures and sometimes I did crack

But your outstretched hand

Always lifted me and made me stand

I tell you it was only your smile

That has helped me travel so many miles.

You are like the cool breeze during autumn

That moved so lightly with a soft hum

You are like the winter mist

That spreads tranquility with its each turn and twist

You are the whiff of sweet summer air

That intoxicates me with a fragrance so rare

You are like the spring’s drops of dew

That falls and awakens flowers of every hue

Like the varying seasons you’ve sometimes been a mother, a role model, a friend, a guide

You’ve given me all the reasons to live my life to fullest and never hide

You’ve taught me everything I need to know

You’ve moulded me and helped me grow

You’ve taught me the importance of companionship

And that without friends we may sometimes err and slip

You also taught me the essence of humility

And that by asking for forgiveness we are in fact displaying one of the greatest qualities

Come what may

You’ve been the shining beacon, the ray

That first sparkled then shone so bright

That it chased away all the darkness

Until there was only light

I love you from the bottom of my heart

Mom, forgive me because I truly want to make a start

Your love, your value, and your companionship I now see

As you are miles and miles away from me…

I just want to tell you that I really, really, really love you and adore you for what you are. Don’t think my sister could have penned it better. Thank you honey…

5 comments:

  1. A sister's love...is a sister's love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say one thing..........I love it... gosh neetha ..reading ur sisters poem reminds me of home and my sister...:( wont be able to talk to her till monday..but loved the poem anyways...;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya...d poem was really gr88....reminded me of my mom n hw gr88 she is..n made me cry over d fone n say.....i miss u a lot maa!!....:(....gud job nimmy(in writing d poem)!!n u too neetha(in posting d peom..;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. this poems from the heart. i am really impressed by the way she has expressed her love...geat work nimmy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey that was so truelly beautiful... Its so touchin..

    ReplyDelete